Minneapolis Republican Party 2023 Convention March 25th @ 10 am
All five Minneapolis SD BPOUs will be having their 2023 Convention together at Burroughs Community School | 1601 W. 50th St. | Minneapolis, MN 55419 on Saturday March 25th at 10:00am.
- This executive summary explains the proposed reorganization: Download the PDF
- The Constitution for the new Minneapolis Republican Party: Download the PDF
- Rules for the new Minneapolis Republican Party Convention: Download the PDF
All five SD BPOUs issue their own Convention Call, but they are similar to SD63’s Call (see below).
OFFICIAL CONVENTION CALL TO: DELEGATES AND ALTERNATES OF SD63
Pursuant to the provisions of the Constitution of the Republican Party of Minnesota the caucus delegates elected by the Precinct Caucuses on February 1st, 2022 and residing in SD63 BPOU are called to meet at:
Saturday March 25th, 10:00am
Registration opens at 8:30am, and closes 30 minutes after the convention is called to order.
Registration Fee: $20 or $50 Refundable PCR Contribution to SD63.
PCR: Political Contribution Refund – fully refundable to you by the State of Minnesota. Learn more here.
You can pay in advance online here. Or you can pay by check or cash the day of the convention.
The SD63 BPOU Convention shall be composed of the delegates and alternates elected at the 2022 precinct caucuses designated as lying within the boundaries of the SD63 BPOU.
The Convention shall be held for the purpose of:
- Consideration of joining with the other 4 Minneapolis SDs to form one Minneapolis BPOU.
- If item one above passes, elect an SD63 Chair & Deputy Chair.
- Elect State Central Delegate and Alternates for SD63 BPOU.
- If item one above does not pass, elect SD63 officers: Chair, Deputy Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
- If item one above does not pass, consider other business as may properly come before this convention.
Anyone seeking to run for an officer position or State Central delegate for SD63 must appear before the Nominating Committee before the convention. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before March, 20, 2023 at 5 pm. Interviews will be held on March 22, 2023.
Anyone seeking to run for an officer position for the Minneapolis BPOU, must appear before the Nominating Committee before the convention. Send an email to email@example.com before March, 17, 2023 at 5 pm. Interviews will be held on Monday, March 20, 2023.
If item one above passes, this Call will serve as a Call to the Minneapolis BPOU Organizing Convention, which will be held immediately after the close of the SD63 BPOU convention. The Minneapolis BPOU Organizing Convention will be held for the purpose of:
- Passing a Constitution for the Minneapolis BPOU
- Electing officers for the Minneapolis BPOU
- Conducting any other business as may properly come before the convention.
Issued by the SD63 BPOU Executive committee, this second day of March, 2023.
Diane Napper, Chair, SD63
SD63 Convention Rules: Download the PDF
If you really want to make a difference, we invite you to join our team. We need people with a vision for a conservative future — people who believe in less government overreach, more choice in how our children are educated, and the preservation of individual liberty.
Minnesota Senate District 63 (SD63) is located in south Minneapolis.